Confident Communication: A Women's Summit
Lead From Where You Are
ONE DAY LIVE VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE
October 16, 2020
A FULL Day of learning How to be a more confident communicator.
You won’t be attending “just another virtual meeting”.
- Our speakers generously share their expertise, stories, wisdom and lessons. You'll learn tips and tools that you can immediately put into action. Speaker sessions will be interactive, inspiring and you'll come away revived and motivated.
- Learn from other women just like you who want to become more confident communicators and lead their life from where they are!
Summit Topics will Include*:
- Managing Stress During Difficult Times
- The Power of Language: Blame, Empowerment, and Equity
- The Grief Mountain
- Self-talk Reboot
- Getting out of Your Way
- Mastering Your Story
*additional topics will be added as they are confirmed
~ Give yourself the gift of some focused time to care for yourself and lead from where you are. ~
Who is this Experience for?
- know that you feel different now about many things both work and home-life related but have no time to think about it
- are ready to connect and learn from other women about empowerment, resilience, grief, diversity, authenticity, and are ready to take charge, take action and lead from where you are!
The event is sponsored by the Washington Center for Women in Business (WCWB) and the Interagency Committee of State Employed Women (ICSEW)
What You'll Experience
- Hoodsport Winery - Private wine and chocolate tasting
- A spot in the 2-day Dare to Lead training with Amy Leneker
- College Savings Gift Cards (Gift of College)
- The Grief Mountain by Mary Cranston
- 90 minute StrengthsFinder Consult with Karin Peabody
Summit Host and Facilitator: Betty Lochner, M.Ed, SPHR
I have a passion for bringing women together to support and learn from each other. I created and led the first Women's Summit in March of 2019. Our second summit was held in October 2019 with a 75% participant return rate (see group pics below). We've taken a COVID pause and are back with our first virtual event. I'll be opening and closing the event and sharing some ideas and tools around being a leader from right where you are.
As a professional coach and trainer, I have worked with employees of private corporate organizations, small businesses, and government agencies. I focus on how to gain the communication skills and confidence you need in order to move ahead in both your career and personal relationships.
Becoming a more skilled communicator is a compilation of learned skills, continuing education, professional development, self-awareness, and courage.
This Summit is about doing just that. I encourage you to invest in yourself and join us for a day of learning, inspiration and support.
Please email me with any questions or to request a scholarship: [email protected]
Featured Summit Speakers
All sessions will be 30-45 minutes in length
Karin Peabody Camille Rapacz Jennifer Haury Patricia Roberts
The schedule includes amazing speakers, door prize drawings (winners will receive their goodies by mail), 60 second promo spots to share info and resources, and more....
8:30 – Virtual Doors Open!
8:45 – Welcome & Opening session: Lead from Where You Are
9:30 - Speakers and small group activities
10:45 – Tea / Coffee Break with 60 second spots
11:00 – Speakers and small group activities
12:15 - 45 minute Lunch Break (meeting kept open for networking)
1:00 – Speakers and activities
2:15 – Tea / Coffee Break with 60 second spots
2:30 - Speakers and activities
3:00 - Closing session
4:00 – 4:30 After event reception with your favorite beverage and snacks
*Pacific Time zone
You'll be sent a final schedule and speaker bios with your gift bag on Oct. 5
The day was flooded with encouragement, ideas, and learning ~ Jackie
I loved the positive energy and encouragement. I enjoyed all topics, especially those that addressed my current communication challenges! ~ Tanyah
The speakers and teaching were invaluable, and I also came away making new friends and connections. ~ Lianna
Women's Summit ~ March and October 2019
Your Lead from Where You Are Gift Bag!
Delivered to your door via mail full of resources we’ll use on the day AND a couple of surprises to make you smile!
They will delivered or mailed the week of October 5th to ensure arrival before the event.
Additional training materials and resources will be made available online.